A lot of our life these days revolves around food. Each week I try to introduce something new to expand Esme's repertoire. And since she pretty much only wants to feed herself, I'm left with only those things I can chop into soft, gummable morsels she can manage with her limited dexterity. Needless to say, I was quite excited when, at the nine month mark, beets became an option. Soft. Easy to dice. An uber vegetable on the nutrition front. And a favorite of this household already. And, needless to say, the hours of fun I'd have scrubbing the beet stains out of her clothing! (Almost as much fun as digging the remains of Esme's meals out of the crevices of her high chair!) Anyway, it's always good to have a tee shirt to mark the occasion.So the beets have received a pretty positive reception. And the overall mess not as bad as anticipated. It is great to have another food in the mix.


And because it's never fun to eat alone, Esme often likes to have a friend or two over for dinner. Just the other day she suggested we include one of her cherished ducks. She had a hunch he'd be into the beets. And you know what?
She was right.
No comments:
Post a Comment