The big news in Theo's world is that he is FINALLY eating. We introduced solids on his 6-month birthday. He was neutral at best about it. And it's been a long, slow process over the course of these two months. I've managed to keep the new foods coming, but it's literally been one tiny spoonful at a time. He'd grimace. He'd shudder. He'd make it clear that this was more my idea than his.
And then one day I broke out the prunes. Mainly because his system appeared to need a little encouragement. And he loved them! Ate the whole bowl. And he's been a relatively happy eater ever since. So, here's what we're eating: cereal, avocado, peas, pears, kiwi, mango, prunes, sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, egg yolk, yogurt and tofu. He seems to like food with texture so I'm just sort of cooking and fork mashing his food as we go. With Esmé I did a lot of advance prep, freezing batches of pureed foods. Our lifestyle, and his slow start, didn't warrant that approach this time around. He's not quite ready for self-feeding yet, but it's on the horizon, I think. And then we'll try O's and those sort of munchies. He does love taking over the spoon.

And I love seeing an empty bowl.
No comments:
Post a Comment