Monday, July 11, 2011

Stand & Deliver



I'm falling a bit behind here, so before he heads off to college, I figured it was high time I did an update of Theo's progress. And he is progressing. At his 12 month appointment the doctor told me that if Theo was not standing as of 15 months then we ought to consider physical therapy. Three days before said appointment Theo hoisted himself up. And he has barely sat down since. He's standing. Coasting. And getting into all sorts of new trouble. His favorite activity? Clearing tables. And our new deadline? Walking well by 18 months... or else. I'm sure he'll wait to the last minute on this one as well. I believe I've got a little procrastinator on my hands.

Theo is progressing, slowly, but surely with his vocab too. In addition to Mama and Dada, he says "bread." Something that approximates banana and blueberry. And "Obama" which I think is his take on Esmé. If I'm right then that would be very appropriate as she, despite Theo's burgeoning mobility, is still very much the Commander in Chief of TLGH.

1 comment:

bridget said...

Hey Elizabeth! Great to see Theo standing here & all of you doing so well! Just doing a catch-up on a bunch of posts I've missed (oh, for like a year!): my how they've grown! Glad to see all is well. best to all of you!!!