Hard to believe that another Oktoberfest has come and gone. This year was especially fun. The weather was beautiful. And it was such a nice mix of new and veteran 'festers. I'm also super-appreciative of all the help– from Mom's beloved potato salad to Deb's delicious pie, Steph's sugar cookies and Andrea's sweet treats. Kenny and Jen supplied one very potent case of German porter. And thanks to Tara and Cynthia and their big backyard (it's all relative!), the kids had much more room to frolic about.
Though this was technically Esme's second Oktoberfest, this year she was much more involved in the festivities. Here she is scooting about, eating a hard pretzel like a good kleines mädchen. I'm only guessing here, but I think one of Esme's favorite parts about Oktoberfest was being able to share the head of the table with her BFF and next-door nabe, Sofia. We all agree that the girls eat best when stealing each other's food!

Here are some more fun highlights...
No comments:
Post a Comment