Thursday, October 30, 2008

Driving in the Sun. . .

A HUGE thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for enabling what was a very much-needed vacation. Kristopher and I had a great time in Northern California. We hiked. We tasted wine. We pigged out. And speaking of pigs... we even took a mud bath. Anyway, it was a great way to celebrate 10 (wow) years of marital bliss.

Esme had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa. She went to the playground. Ate at the diner. And enjoyed getting to know them a little better, I'm sure. Fortunately, she didn't seem to register our absence. Though Grandma did report one incident. It occurred while they were watching The Today Show together. Apparently seeing Al Roker and Meredith Vieira on the screen prompted Esme to say, "Mama, Dada." Ohh, so that's where we were off to.



Anyway, the trip wouldn't have been possible without Grandma and Grandpa. And knowing that our little girl was in good hands enabled us to relax and truly enjoy ourselves. I'm happy to be back home now. And though happy to have me back, I know that Esme is also missing her Gs. She's a lucky girl indeed.

No comments: